Sunday 15 May 2011

First Things First.

Hi all. This will be the first post of many. In January 2011, I began work on my own design of a 2011 F1 Car. The model was completed in late March 2011, with help from others, but I feel i could do so much more, so about a week or two ago, i began work on my car for the 2012 season. I use Google Sketchup 8 to model my car, as it's free and easy to use, and will be showing and explaining every step of the way, for you, the online community to enjoy. The model is in very early days at the moment, but is developing fairly rapidly, compared to my 2011 design, despite much more attention to detail.

To start however, a few things need to be set in stone, in order for the design to take shape. Below is a basic info list for the car

PZ-02:Wheelbase - 3330mm (based on a standard F1 car)
Front Track - 1480mm
Rear Track - 1420mm
Height - 950mm
Width - 1800mm

I also need a list of inspirations to work from. I love inspiration and originality, and will try and include it the best I can on my own one, as I did on my 2011 car.
For 2012 I will be looking for inspiration from:
  • 2011 cars
  • Early 1990's F1 cars, particuarly an extreme low nose concept
  • Adrian Newey Concepts
  • Nature (e.g. Shark Skin, Bird Feathers, Humpback Whale Ridges)
  • Other Race Cars from around the world.
This Project is exciting, and I hope you enjoy reading about it and watching it develop.

Tom, PZR.

No comments:

Post a Comment